This third annual conference of the Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute again invites lawyers to come together and share knowledge and expertise, while updating their knowledge with the latest developments in intellectual property.
And, what better way to capture the mood of intellectual property than to hold the Institute’s conference in coordination with the Oxford Film Festival, held on the same weekend in Oxford, MS. As we say, come for the law, stay for the movies.
The 2014 conference will meet on the campus of the Robert C. Khayat Law Center at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, MS. If you have not seen the Law Center, you are in for a treat.
This year we bring you two special panels, on topics everyone in the Mid-South will love: one on Sports and Intellectual Property, and the other on Robert Johnson. Of course, we also have our perennial favorite, IP Year in Review.
And, so that you do not forget the date, click here to add it to your calendar.
There are several opportunities still available to sponsor the Institute, especially the sponsorship of meals, receptions and breaks. For more information you may contact the Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute at email@example.com
The 2014 Institute’s Conference will feature legal experts in not only the traditional disciplines of patent, trademark and copyright, but also specialists in sports law, music, film and the Internet. Here are some of our stellar 2014 experts, with more to come.
- Alicia Brown Oliver Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C. – Chattanooga, TN [past chair, IP Section, Tennessee Bar Association]
- Tucker Carrington Asst. Professor, University of Mississippi School of Law — Oxford, MS [Director, Mississippi Innocence Project]
- Michael Denniston Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP – Birmingham, AL
- David Hosp Fish & Richardson P.C. – Boston, MA
- Edwin Komen Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP – Washington, DC
- Anthony Kornarens Law Office of Anthony Kornarens – Beverly Hills, CA
- Stacey M. Lantagne Asst. Professor, University of Mississippi School of Law – Oxford, MS
- Anita Modak-Truran Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC – Nashville, TN [past chair, IP Section, Mississippi Bar]
- Gary Montle Waddey & Patterson, P.C. – Nashville, TN
- Jill Pilgrim Buckner Sports Law – Pompano Beach, FL
- Whit Rayner Jones Walker LLP – Jackson, MS
- Bruce Siegal Collegiate Licensing Company — Atlanta, GA
- Jesse Witten Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP – Washington, DC
The Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute expects to again receive continuing legal education approval in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee, Arkansas and Louisiana.
A limited number of rooms have been set aside for this event at:
The Inn at Ole Miss
120 Alumni Drive
University, MS 38677
Reference Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute when calling to reserve rooms. The cutoff date for the block is January 24, 2014. Any rooms not individually reserved by this date will be released back to general inventory and subject to availability and regular room rates.
Registration is easy and can be completed by filling out the below form and submitting payment through PayPal. You may also download the printable registration form and return it.
Registration includes the entire Friday session, continuing education, continental breakfast, lunch on Friday, refreshments, Friday evening reception as well as access to the program materials in electronic form. Paid registration also includes admission to the Oxford Film Festival (with the exception of a few special ticketed events).
Requests for refunds need to be in writing, and postmarked, faxed or emailed by January 24, 2014 to
Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute Refunds
1214 Office Park Drive
Oxford, MS 38655
(888) 820-3149 fax
Refunds will be processed after the event. A $50.00 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds.
Bookings are closed for this event.