2013 MSIPI Conference
8:30 am – 5:00 pm on Friday, February 22, 2013
University of Mississippi Law School
This second annual conference of the Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute again invites lawyers and entrepreneurs to come together and share knowledge and expertise, while updating their knowledge with the latest developments in intellectual property.
And, what better way to capture the mood of intellectual property than to hold the Institute’s conference in coordination with the Oxford Film Festival, held on the same weekend in Oxford, MS. As we say, come for the law, stay for the movies.
Save your spot now on our registration page.
The 2013 conference will meet at the brand new campus of the Robert C. Khayat Law Center at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, MS. If you have not seen the new Law Center, you are in for a treat.
The 2013 Institute’s Conference will feature legal experts in not only the traditional disciplines of patent, trademark and copyright, but also specialists in music, film and the Internet. Here are some of our stellar 2013 experts, with more to come.
- Gary Myers, Dean University of Missouri School of Law
- Will Wilkins, Director, Mississippi Law Research Institute
- Meaghin Burke, Mississippi Law Research Institute (Chair MS IP Section)
- Anita Modak-Truran, Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC (past Chair, Mississippi IP Section)
- Drew Patty, McGlinchey Stafford
- Michael Denniston, Bradley Arant, Birmingham)
- Alicia Brown Oliver, Chambliss, Bahner, Chattanooga
- Whit Rayner, Jones Walker
- Lee Caplin, Chairman Picture Entertainment Corporation and Executor William Faulkner Estate
- Bill Luckett, Luckett Tyner Law Firm, PA
- Joe Beck, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, Atlanta, GA
- Christian D. Carbone, Loeb & Loeb, New York, NY
- Edwin Komen, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, Washington, DC
The Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute expects to again receive continuing legal education approval in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee, Arkansas and Louisiana.
A limited number of rooms have been set aside for this event at:
The Inn at Ole Miss
120 Alumni Drive
University, MS 38677
Reference Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute when calling to reserve rooms. The cutoff date for the block is February 7, 2013. Any rooms not individually reserved by this date will be released back to general inventory and subject to availability and regular room rates.
The Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute is co-sponsored by the University of Mississippi School of Law, and FNC, Inc. Our 2013 sponsors are McGlinchey Stafford PLLC, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP , and the UM Center for Continuing Legal Education.
There are several opportunities still available to sponsor the Institute, especially the sponsorship of meals, receptions and breaks. For more information you may contact the Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute at email@example.com